This hearty lentil soup will warm you up this winter. Serve it with the cheesy croutes to make it even more special.
The ingredient of Lentil soup
- 40ml (2 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 large carrot, finely diced
- 2 celery sticks, finely diced
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1 small red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 4 slices pancetta*, rind removed, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 410g can diced tomatoes
- 200g Italian lentils*
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 litre (4 cups) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 ficelle (small baguette), thinly sliced
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
The instruction how to make Lentil soup
- Heat oil in a large, heavy-based pan. Add carrot, celery, onion, chilli, pancetta and garlic. Cook over very low heat for 5-6 minutes until everything has softened.
- Add the tomato paste and cook for 30 seconds. Add tomatoes, lentils, rosemary and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 40 minutes until soup has thickened and lentils are soft. Preheat oven to 180u00b0C.
- To make croutes, brush bread with oil and place on a baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes. Rub one side of each slice with garlic, sprinkle with parmesan and bake for 5 minutes. Stir parsley into soup and serve with croutes.
Nutritions of Lentil soupfatContent: 574.078 calories
saturatedFatContent: 30 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 53 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 19 grams protein
sodiumContent: 14 milligrams cholesterol