Get your 5 a day all in a bowl! Make a big batch and have lunch sorted for the week.
The ingredient of Ultimate 5-a-day soup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 brown onions, chopped
- 1 carrot, cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 x 400 g cans tomatoes in juice
- 1.5 litres Massel chicken-style liquid stock
- 300g orange sweet potato, sliced (see note)
- 250g packets of zucchini noodles
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 400g can pinto beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup of finely grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup of persil flat-leaf fresh leaves
The instruction how to make Ultimate 5-a-day soup
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and carrot. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic and the red pepper. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes and the broth. Bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 10 minutes to allow the flavours to develop. Add the sweet potato. Cook for a further 3 minutes. Add the zucchini, celery, beans and peas. Cook for 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Divide the soup among the serving bowls. Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese and persil. To serve.
Nutritions of Ultimate 5-a-day soupfatContent: