Scented and colourful, the raisins and the cashews lend this basmati rice pilaf as a side to any Indian meal.
The ingredient of Turmeric and cashew nut rice pilaf
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 500g Coles Brand Basmati rice, rinsed, drained
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons Coles Brand sultanas
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts, toasted
- sprigs of Coriander, to serve
The instruction how to make Turmeric and cashew nut rice pilaf
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the rice and turmeric. Stir to coat. Add 800ml of water and the raisins. Bring to a boil over high heat. Season with the salt. The cover. Reduce heat to low. Cook, without lifting lid, for 12 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir with a fork. Sprinkle with the cashew nuts and coriander.
Nutritions of Turmeric and cashew nut rice pilaffatContent: