You do not have to break the bank to eat like a foodie at home – use a low-cost canned tomatoes and a little creative flair to boost the flavor.
The ingredient of Cheat-slow roasted tomatoes
- 6 x 400 g cans whole peeled tomatoes
- 6 cloves of garlic, peeled, cut into two
- 8 sprigs of fresh oregano
- 8 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Olive oil, for store
The instruction how to make Cheat-slow roasted tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 140 u00b0 C/120 u00b0 C fan forced.
- drain the tomatoes. Cut each tomato in half lengthwise. Pat tomatoes dry with a paper towel. Transfer 2 large, rimmed baking trays, arrange the tomatoes cut-side up in a single layer. Add the garlic, oregano, and thyme for the trays. Drizzle with the oil. Sprinkle with sea salt and cracked black pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 2 hours or until the tomatoes have collapsed. Set aside to cool. Remove and discard the oregano, the thyme and the garlic. Transfer the tomatoes in an airtight container. Add enough olive oil to cover the tomatoes. Refrigerate up to 1 week. At serving time, remove the tomatoes from the oil and dry it with a paper towel to remove excess oil. Add to stews, soups, frittatas, pasta dishes, salads and salad dressings.
Nutritions of Cheat-slow roasted tomatoesfatContent: