If you are looking for a vegan or a vegetarian main or just a tasty with your barbecue, this sweet potato puree of lentils is super easy and quick to make.
The ingredient of Sweet-and-sour lentils, mashed sweet potato
- 1 cup dried red lentils, rinsed
- 800g orange sweet potato, peeled, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of mashed tamarind
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds, grilled
The instruction how to make Sweet-and-sour lentils, mashed sweet potato
- Place the lentils and sweet potatoes in a medium saucepan. Cover them with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Bake for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain in a fine mesh strainer.
- Transfer the lentil mixture in a large bowl. Add the tamarind, sugar and mustard. Season well with salt. Using a potato masher, mash potatoes until smooth. Stir in 3/4 of the onion.
- Serve mash topped with oil, the sesame seeds and the rest of the onion.
Nutritions of Sweet-and-sour lentils, mashed sweet potatofatContent: 297.316 calories
saturatedFatContent: 2.7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 0.2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 47.4 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 15.4 grams protein