These vegan pumpkin and fennel tarts are served with a spice of the arugula and pesto.
The ingredient of Filo roasted pumpkin, sage and fennel tarts with nuts, arugula and pesto
- 450g butternut pumpkin, seeded, peeled, cut into 3cm
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely grated sage
- 1 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 fennel, cut in quarters
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp of balsamic vinegar
- 4 sheets of filo pastry
- Baby rocket leaves, to serve
- 1/4 cup (25 g) walnuts, toasted
- 1 bunch rocket, ends trimmed, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
The instruction how to make Filo roasted pumpkin, sage and fennel tarts with nuts, arugula and pesto
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the pumpkin on the lined tray. Drizzle with 2 tsp olive oil and sprinkle with the sage and fennel seeds. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, turning occasionally, for 20 minutes or until starting to brown. Remove from the oven.
- meanwhile, heat half the remaining oil in a medium frying pan over medium-low heat. Add the fennel and cook, turning occasionally, for 15 minutes or until tender. Add the sugar and vinegar and cook, turning, for 5 minutes or until caramelised.
- Place four 8cm (base measurement) pie fluted tins with removable bases on a baking sheet. Place filo on a clean work surface. Cut the sheets of filo in half widthwise. Place them in a stack and cut into quarters to make squares. Lightly brush filo with a little remaining oil. 8 squares of filo pastry, turning it slightly at the base of each tart tin, allowing the corners to extend over the edge. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven.
- Fracture of the pumpkin and fennel among pastry cases. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes or until warm.
- during this time, to make the arugula and pesto, process the walnuts, arugula, and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped. Add the lemon juice and oil and process until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place of the pumpkin tarts on serving plates. Spoonful of pesto and serve with baby rocket leaves.
Nutritions of Filo roasted pumpkin, sage and fennel tarts with nuts, arugula and pestofatContent: 405.822 calories
saturatedFatContent: 30.8 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4.2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 32.1 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 5.5 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 5.7 grams protein