This recipe is vegan friendly.
The ingredient of Palm sugar balls
- 500g packet of glutinous rice flour
- 400ml can coconut cream
- 1/4 teaspoon essence of pandan
- 120g dark palm sugar
- 1 cup of desiccated coconut
The instruction how to make Palm sugar balls
- The Place of the rice flour in a bowl and make a well in the centre. Add the coconut cream and the essence of pandan. Mix to form a firm dough. Knead the dough slightly to distribute the essence of pandan.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium-high heat. Cut the sugar cane into pieces the size of a 5 cent coin. Roll tablespoons of dough into balls. Flatten each ball and mold around a piece of palm sugar. Pinch the dough to enclose the sugar. Roll the ball until smooth.
- Place the coconut in a shallow dish. Cook the balls, in small batches, in boiling water for 8 minutes or until they float to the surface. Remove with a slotted spoon. Roll in coconut while warm. Transfer to a plate. Serve at room temperature (do not refrigerate).
Nutritions of Palm sugar ballsfatContent: