This pumpkin and chickpea salad recipe vegan friendly.
The ingredient of Pumpkin and chickpea salad
- 1.2 kg butternut squash, peeled, deseeded, cut into pieces of 2cm
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 400g of chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 6 dessert figs, finely chopped (see note)
- 1 small red onion, cut in two, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 large lemon, zest grated, juice
- Salt, season
The instruction how to make Pumpkin and chickpea salad
- Preheat the oven to 200u00b0C. Lightly grease a large roasting pan. Mix the pumpkin puree, 2 tablespoons oil, ground coriander and cumin in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to the prepared pan. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender. Allow to cool completely.
- combine pumpkin, chickpeas, figs, onion and chopped cilantro in a large bowl.
- mix the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, the lemon zest, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and salt and pepper in a jar. Pour over the pumpkin. Stir until well combined. To serve.
Nutritions of Pumpkin and chickpea saladfatContent: 269.114 calories
saturatedFatContent: 14 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 24 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 17 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 6 grams protein