that You do not believe that this vegan, vegie-packed pasta dish does not contain cream or cheese.
The ingredient of Creamy vegan pasta primavera
- 225 g (1 1/2 cups) raw cashew nuts
- 250 ml (1 cup) warm water
- 300 g penne pasta (see note)
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, cut into thirds
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 leek, chopped, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 zucchini, cut into noodles using a spiraliser
- Fresh basil leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Creamy vegan pasta primavera
- Place the cashew nuts in a bowl. Pour enough boiling water to cover. Set aside for 1 hour to soak.
- Drain the cashews and transfer to a food processor. Add 125 ml (1/2 cup) of warm water and mix until smooth, adding the remaining 125 ml (1/2 cup) of hot water in 2 batches to make a sauce consistency.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until al dente, adding the asparagus for the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain, reserving 125 ml (1/2 cup) of cooking liquid. Return the pasta and asparagus to the pan.
- meanwhile, heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the leeks and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until tender. Add the zucchini and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add the leek mixture and half of the cashew mixture to the dough. Mix until well blended, add the reserved cooking liquid to thin the sauce as needed. Season with pepper. Divide between serving bowls and sprinkle with basil.
Nutritions of Creamy vegan pasta primaverafatContent: