A cream cheese pasta bake with no dairy products! Even the carnivores will be asking for seconds of this dinner vegan.
The ingredient of Vegan butter beans cannelloni
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 leek, white part only thinly sliced
- 200g button mushrooms, halved, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 400g can butter beans, drained, rinsed
- 60 g baby spinach, more serve
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cup grated dairy-free pizza shred cheese
- 1 cup of tomato passata
- 12 Barilla dried cannelloni tubes (see notes)
- 200g tomato medley, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashew nuts
- 1/3 cup of nutritional yeast (see notes)
- 2/3 cup of almond milk unsweetened
- 1/3 cup Massel vegetable liquid stock
The instruction how to make Vegan butter beans cannelloni
- Make Cashew Cream: Soak cashews in boiling water. Stand for 1 hour. Drain. Process cashews, yeast, and milk in a food processor until smooth. Season. Reserve 1/2 cup of the mixture. Add broth to processor. Process to combine.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the leek, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and 3 tbsp of thyme. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the beans and spinach. Cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in the zest, the reserved cashew cream and half the cheese. Let cool 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 u00b0 c/160 fan-forced. Fat, 16.5 cm x 22 cm (base) baking dish.
- Spread passata on the base of the dish. Using a teaspoon, fill the cannelloni with the mixture of beans. Place cannelloni, in a single layer in the dish. With the rest of cashew cream. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and the remaining thyme. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until tender. Discover. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Top with the tomato and extra spinach. To serve.
Nutritions of Vegan butter beans cannellonifatContent: 696.924 calories
saturatedFatContent: 40.5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 13.7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 105 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 32.1 grams protein