at the time of serving, flip these vegan, gluten-free cinnamon rolls to get more of the sticky, sweet syrupy base and drizzle with the creamy dairy-free frosting.
The ingredient of Vegan cinnamon buns
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon golden flax meal
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons yeast active
- 1 cup 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1/2 cup of coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup Nuttelex spread
- 1 teaspoon of Himalayan pink salt
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup Nuttelex spread, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 tub (125 g) cream cheese vegan (such as Tofutti), the temperature of the room
- 1/4 tub Nuttelex spread, room temperature
- 1 cup of pure icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
The instruction how to make Vegan cinnamon buns
- In a small bowl, whisk together the water and flax meal until thoroughly combined and set aside. In a medium mixing bowl, add the all-purpose gluten-free flour and baking powder and whisk to combine.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients until well combined. Add the flax meal mixture to this mixture and whisk again until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl containing the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon. Put the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead the dough for 5 to 10 minutes, until the dough is firm and smooth to the touch. Place the dough back in a lightly greased mixing bowl, cover and place in a warm place for 1 hour. After 1 hour, knead the dough for 30 seconds and let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the topping ingredients and set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the rested dough into a flat 40cm x 50cm rectangle. Spread filling evenly over the top of the dough using a spatula. Roll the dough lengthwise and cut into pieces of 4cm with a sharp knife.
- Preheat the oven to 200u00b0C (180u00b0 fan-forced).
- Place the rolls close to, cut-side up in a lightly greased 20 cm X 30 cm baking tray. Garnish with nuts and raisins, cover with plastic wrap and let rise another hour.
- Whisk all the ingredients for the icing vanilla together until smooth and set aside.
- Bake the rolls for about 15 minutes or until golden brown, turning the dish halfway through cooking to ensure even baking and brush the top of the rolls with the syrup at the bottom of the baking sheet. Remove from the oven and pour the glaze over the hot buns to serve.
Nutritions of Vegan cinnamon bunsfatContent: