This vegan pumpkin pie is sweetened with dates and maple syrup.
The ingredient of Vegan pumpkin pie
- 1.5 kg Kent pumpkin, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 115g (1 1/4 cup) oatmeal
- 80 g (1/2 cup) pepitas
- 170 g (about 9) fresh dates, pitted, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 35 g (1/4 cup) corn flour
- 200ml coconut milk
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) maple syrup
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, more
- 1 1/4 teaspoon of spices for gingerbread
- a Pinch of salt
- Whipped coconut cream, to serve (optional)
- Maple syrup, to drizzle (optional)
The instruction how to make Vegan pumpkin pie
- Preheat the oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan forced. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Spread the pumpkin on 1 drawer. Drizzle with 2 tsp oil. Mix to coat well. Roast, turning once, for 40 minutes, or until very tender but not browned. Cool.
- during this time, grease a 1.4 L, 19cm (base measurement) pie plate. Spread the oats and pepitas on the second tray. Cook, stirring once, for 7 to 8 minutes or until golden brown. Cool. Process in a food processor, coarsely chop. Add the dates, water and remaining oil. Process until well combined. Press the base of one side of the plate. Place in refrigerator for 1 hour or until firm.
- Process pumpkin until smooth. Stir in slowly the corn flour and the coconut milk in a saucepan until smooth. Stir in the pumpkin, maple syrup, cinnamon, mixed spice and salt. Cook, stirring, over medium-low heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until boiling and thickened. Set aside to cool, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes. Spread over the crust. Smooth Surface. Place in refrigerator for 8 hours. Top with cream of coconut, cinnamon and extra maple syrup, if desired.
Nutritions of Vegan pumpkin piefatContent: 299.706 calories
saturatedFatContent: 13.8 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 43.8 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 21.6 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 6 grams protein