These egg-free, dairy-free bikkies will keep your belly and taste buds content!
The ingredient of Tahini cookies (egg-free and dairy-free)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup hulled tahini
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup Freenut butter (see note)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mixed spice
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
The instruction how to make Tahini cookies (egg-free and dairy-free)
- Preheat the oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan forced. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine the juice and the baking soda in a glass bowl (the mixture will become foamy). Add the sugar, the tahini, the lemon zest, the oil and Freenut butter. Using an electric mixer, beat for 1 minute or until the mixture is just combined. Sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and mixed spice on the tahini. Add the sesame seeds. Beat on low until just combined.
- Roll 2 teaspoons of mixture into balls. Place on prepared trays, 4 cm apart. Flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake for 15 minutes, swapping trays halfway during cooking, or until golden and cooked through. Stand on trays for 5 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack. To serve.
Nutritions of Tahini cookies (egg-free and dairy-free)fatContent: 61.901 calories
saturatedFatContent: 3.5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 0.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 6.3 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 1.2 grams protein